Friday, August 6, 2010

Coming of Age

I remember being a little girl just in 2nd grade, missing almost half my teeth and wearing these really tacky colorful big crunchies with disney characters on them. The only things I cared about were new barbies, new crayons, new coloring books, never did I care about how much I'd spend or how I looked. I always had someone to depend on no matter what. Someone to tell me when to take a bath, someone to prepare me my food, and especially someone to tie my shoes. When I grew up, all the things difficult to me then are now the easiest tasks now.
I know I'm just 14 and I still have alot ahead of me to learn but I think I, myself have matured and taken more responsibility since then. I'm no longer being scolded for spilling orange juice on my shirt nor for drawing on the walls. I'm scolded for being home late, not calling my rents when I'm not home, and being on the computer too late. When I was younger all these things seemed so boring, I would always just play outside with my cousins and neighbors. I was much more sociable when I was young, being an older teenage girl I often like to hold a strong image and make sure I look nice and presentable before going out as of when I was young I thought I looked nice with just my pink boots and a yellow polka dot dress.
Every year I looked back at all the goofy things I did and felt a little embarrassed. I learn from my mistakes, trying not to make the same ones over and over again. I set new goals each year for myself and take on more challenging responsibilities. I guess life is kind of like a camera. We only see what the lens see. When we turn the camera at a different angle we see life in a whole new persepctive. I feel like I'm changing angles every year, keeping the tapes as memories. I mean being little was fun while it lasted....I mean being at the age of 14 acting like a 5 year old is just.......weird.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    Cute job on revision of blog...you look more mature :) Nicely organized archive as well.
    assessment: 4

    COA: Nice specific detail to show the "small kid" you...and nice figurative comparison at the end...what you need to do now is to select the best specific details to show the changing, maturing you that you are describing.
    assessment: 4
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete