Thursday, January 27, 2011

Allusion Final


I am a jolly fellow
nice and mellow,
I know how to lighten ones' day
jokes and silliness is my forte

I know I may not be the brightest tool in the shed
“Gawrsh, well what do you know?” just got an average size head,
My friends and family are what keeps me sane
I wouldn't trade them on any day

What distinguishes me from the rest is that I'm lively, energetic, noisy, and fast
But what strikes people the most is my “Ah hyuck huck” laugh,
Anytime you need to be cheered up or just need to smile,
Hold on for a few seconds, I'll be there in a while.

1 comment:

  1. At first I was actually planning on doing my allusion poem on the Greek/Roman goddess of happiness. But then, I figured out I really didn’t know anything about them other than they were goddesses of happiness. So then I decided to someone I was highly familiar with and grew up with. Goofy, I have been watching his movies ever since I was a toddler and I think I was deeply influenced by him. He molded me into a funny and caring person I am today. Many people mistaken Goofy just as a shy and dim-witted guy but once you really get to know him you find that he is loving at heart and actually humorous. Goofy and I share one common trait, which is that we both get into lots of accidents meaning we are very clumsy. And instead of crying or pouting about everything I end up laughing just as what Goofy does. He looks at everything in a whole different perspective, a positive one. He never sees the bad in people but instead only the good. I may have grown up from watching cartoons but I don’t think I will ever grow out of love with the character of Goofy.
    I not only wanted to interpret the character of goofy but also have the whole feeling of him in my poem. Rhyming is fun and its makes things happier. Which is why I decided to have my poem rhyme. I wanted to include a rhythm to it like a rhythm of happiness to my poem.
    In my Photoshop graphic I have tried to include bright, vibrant, and happy colors but also at the same time following a matching color scheme in order to make my graphic appear clean and not messy. To get the feel of the allusion or give out strong hints I also place parts of Goofy’s body on the border of the graphic not to give away the allusion but to hint it. In the center of the image I used a Disney font to list some traits that Goofy and I both share together. And at end I have also stated “all in my own unique way”. Goofy lived in his own little world where he didn’t care about what other said or thought of him which is the meaning behind the last statement. Yellow, is a vibrant color that attracts the viewers eye and making sure not to “blind” or “lose” my viewers I didn’t use a very neon like yellow but a much more duller one. The original Walt Disney characters included a dog named Pluto so my background color was based on him. I wasn’t sure whose dog he belonged to but I know each character loved and knew him all in the same way.
    During this process of making my graphic and poem was a great fun and learning experience. I discovered why I really appreciated Goofy so much and how we are so alike. I found out why and how Goofy is always so happy, it because he never thinks negatively, if theres a problem Goofy doesn’t just mount about it out of anger but finds solutions and ways to make everyone happy. He puts other people’s happiness before his such as with his son. I can learn of the experiences of his that its always special and important to give more than what you take.

    ReplyDelete