Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Project Icarus

Topic: Jewelry Making

Passion & Stretch: I love collecting all sorts of earings and bracelets and my all time favorite type are the jewelry hand-made. For example, braided and yarn bracelets and earings made with shells and beads. I feel so inspired to make my own. I would like to find new innovated things to make jewelry out of just as feathers or peacock feathers.

Resources & Research: -Jewelry-makers on the strip of Waikiki
-Ben Franklin's Art Sessions

Process & Product: To get more experience on how to actually complete a bracelet I could visit art sessions at Ben Franklin and sit in with a group to make and see how the process of jewelry making goes. Another option I have is I could go to the strip of Waikiki and visit some of those people who sit on the sidewalk selling their man-made jewelry. I could ask them what special techniques they have when making jewelry.
Hopefully when I get more practice and master the technique or jewelry making and maybe develop my own technique I can start selling my jewelry to my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany,

    Nice job on explaining your passion and plans for the product. Be sure to add specifics about your research sources and product.

    Assessment Score: MS (3+)
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete